One thing I didn’t prepare enough for in the days leading up to my own wedding day was the items I may want/need during the reception. I wish I had put together a little clutch stuffed with toiletries and “emergency” type items and put one of my bridesmaids in charge of it. I desperately needed a change of shoes later in the reception, among other things. I could have put my phone in there, too!
When it comes to getting ready in the morning, here are the things you can’t forget!
The Getting Ready Essentials:
- wedding dress, veil & shoes
- your phone, phone charger & an epic getting ready playlist! (I highly recommend plenty of 90s boy band songs and… Taylor Swift)
- gifts for your bridesmaids, groom & parents (if applicable)
- your timeline of the day including cell numbers of all your lovely vendors
- getting ready outfit/robe
- items for photographer: invitations, save the date, florals, ring box, other accents/details
- jewelry (rings, earrings, bracelets, necklace)
- shoes to change into at the reception
And here are the things I wish I had packed in a little clutch for getting ready AND the reception/wedding night!
Wedding Day Emergency Kit:
- double sided garment tape
- safety pins
- sewing kit
- nail file
- bobby pins
- hair elastics
- hair spray
- black socks (because there will be a guy who forgot his… and maybe a plain white t-shirt while you’re at it)
- floss, toothpaste, toothbrush
- extra lip stick
- clear nail polish
- nail polish remover
- makeup remover
- a little clutch to put all of the above in and give it to one of your bridesmaids to take to the reception too!
Already married? What were your wedding day essentials or items you’re glad you wished you’d had in your emergency kit?
October 21, 2021